Friday, March 16, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
It's finished! It only took 5 maybe 6 years. It started out as a 30's nine patch swap my sister I hosted. I really enjoyed making the blocks and all of the excitement of the swap but unfortunately I put the blocks away and forgot about them. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add fabric to it or what size to make it, so it sat and sat. Until one day I made a promise to myself to finish up all of my unfinished projects before starting a new one. I'm proud to say that I have stuck with that promise. (sort of)
For the back I used premium natural muslin and appliqued the left over squares from the blocks.
I went with a cross hatched pattern for the quilting design.